As per VMware's re-certification policy my VCP exam was going to exam in March 2015, on basis it Yesterday I passed VCP5-DCV (VCP550) exam. There are 135 Questions and you get 120 minutes (for non english contry you will get 30 mins extra), I already passed exam on 4.1 and 5.0 version in the past (I am also preparing for for VCAP and VCPC), Now my expiration date is showing in December 2016.
Below were the things helped me to pass exam.
- Being vSphere administrator I already have great hands on on VMWare web client., I remember in the current VCP550 exam lots of question are related to it.
- Study vCops (vmware operations manager) Major and Minor batches, I found there are 6-7 questions related to it.
- I don't have much exposure to vSAN, Fault Tolerance (FT), Flash Read cache (FRC) in my current environment but little labs hands on helped me to clear out these stuffs.
- This book from sybex (VCP5-DCV Vmware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtulization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide Exam VCP-550)
- Unofficial veeam study guide
- Official VMware Exam blueprint
- VMWare Mock exam
Exam fee is 175 USD and after 50% discount 85.50 USD you will have to pay. And find nearest exam center for Pearson Vue once you register for the exam online on the website.