Sunday, February 15, 2015

DCDIag - failed test DFSREvent

After changing / renaming my Domain controller computer name in earlier blog Rename Domain Controller hostname I received below error while doing health check through DCDiag on both the DCs.

Starting test: DFSREvent
   There are warning or error events within the last 24 hours after the SYSVOL has been shared.  Failing SYSVOL replication problems may cause Group Policy problems.
   ......................... AD002 failed test DFSREvent




I was able to successfully replicate object between DCs. I wasn't getting any error while running command repadmin /replsum or repadmin /syncall.

In the last when I checked Eventlogs for error or warning events as suggested by first screenshot. I found there are error in the last 24 hours but they belongs when I was renaming domain controller name. And after that there was no warning or error in DFS Replication logs.

I simply saved thost logs and cleared those logs. after running dcdiag I got everything green.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, your post saved me a lot of time and headaches.

Anonymous said...

Indeed, this helped a lot!

Anonymous said...

Yes, thank you for posting this! Very helpful!