Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Install missing Powershell ISE on Windows Server 2008 R2

Everytime I login to any of new server in my windows server 2008 r2 with default PSversion powershell v2 I find ISE is missing and it need to install in case if i want to run some script, (Powershell ISE is my favorite powershell script editor which comes with windows 2008 r2 and above), I use ISE lot to edit scripts. 

Here is how when I search for powershell it is missing.
Here is how you can install it using powershell it self, open powershell as an administrator. and you will have run below 2 commands to install ISE.
Import-Module ServerManager
Add-WindowsFeature Powershell-ISE
If you check in the above screenshot you will find powershell can be used from GUI, need to install as a feature from Server Manager and the Feature name is a Windows Powershell Integrated Scripting Engine.

I prefer the powershell way only to install ISE, because I find it quick, no need to touch mouse., and also this way I memorize my essential commands.

Post a Comment