Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Error resolved: Hyperv cannot be installed: A Hyperviser is already running.

From my earlier Post Powershell Rocks - Creating virtual Nic cards for testing (Standalone HyperV), While installing HyperV role I got error through Server Manager GUI I was receiving error, HyperV cannot be installed: A Hyperviser is already running. After many repetitive attempts through server manager GUI it was failing, I also used Powershell command Install-WindowsFeature Hyper-V but result was same. In the last I stumble upon Microsoft blog .
And I got to know about new command for installing optional roles. 
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature –Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V –All 
This resolved my error and after reboot I was able to use hyperV.

Old useful Posts
Configuring HyperV on windows 2008 R2 and configuring Failover clustering 

No comments: